Senior Living in 12844 (Kattskill Bay, NY)
- 12844 scores the same as the Kattskill Bay, NY average of 79.
- 12844 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12844 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including The Terrace at The Glen, Westmount Health Facility, and Emeritus at Landing of Queensbury.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (48% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Queensbury Country Club, Top of the World Golf Course, and Sagamore Resort & Golf Club, The.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Adirondack Camping Village, Lake George Escape Campground, and Adirondack Adventure Resort.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Church, St Cecilias Catholic Church, and First United Meth Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,398, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $21,136, which is in the top 98% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,858, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.03%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12844 has a very sparse population density of 72.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.25%.