Senior Living in 12846 (Lake Luzerne, NY)
- 12846 scores the same as the Lake Luzerne, NY average of 77.
- 12846 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12846 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Glens Falls Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Westmount Health Facility, Emeritus at Landing of Queensbury, and The Stanton Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Glens Falls Country Club, Hiland Golf Club, and Sunnyside Par 3 Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Lake George / Saratoga KOA, River Road Campgrounds, and Lake George RV Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Chr of Our Lady of Annunicatn, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,998, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,827, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,563, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.67%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12846 has a very sparse population density of 56.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.90%.