Senior Living in 12849 (Middle Granville, NY)
- 12849 scores the same as the Middle Granville, NY average of 69.
- 12849 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12849 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Holbrooks Adult Home, Indian River Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and The Orchard Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Valley View Golf Course, Lake St. Catherine Country Club, and Kingswood Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lake Saint Catherine State Park)..
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Saint David\'s Anglican Church, Mattowee Valley Church, and Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,145, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,750, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,121, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 23.22%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 7% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12849 has a sparse population density of 141.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.38%.