Senior Living in 12850 (Middle Grove, NY)
- 12850 scores the same as the Middle Grove, NY average of 75.
- 12850 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12850 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Mary\'s Hospital At Amsterdam and Amsterdam Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Prestwick Chase at Saratoga, Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home, and The Wesley Community.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Brookhaven Golf Club, Pioneer Hills Golf Course, and Ballston Spa Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Autumn Moon Campground, Whispering Pines Campsites & RV Park, and Pop\'s Lake Campground.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Galway United Methodist Church, St Joseph\'s Rc Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,680, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,542, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,776, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.57%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12850 has a very sparse population density of 60.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.76%.