Senior Living in 12856 (North River, NY)
- 12856 scores the same as the North River, NY average of 68.
- 12856 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12856 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Sunmount Community Residence and Adirondack Tri County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (46% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Cedar River Golf Club, Wakely Lodge Golf Course, and Lake Pleasant Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Thornbush Acres RV Park and Lewey Lake Campground).
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,638, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,250, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $54,503, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12856 has a very sparse population density of 2.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.49%.