Senior Living in 12861 (Putnam Station, NY)
- 12861 scores the same as the Putnam Station, NY average of 69.
- 12861 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12861 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Moses-ludington Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Heritage Commons Residential Health Care and Heather Misty Morn Community Care)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Ticonderoga Country Club, Huletts Golf Club, and Prospect Bay Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including ROGERS ROCK CAMPGROUND, Adirondack Fish Tales Etc., and Putnam Pond Campground.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including United Church of Benson, Our Lady-seven Dolors Church, and Foltman Lon Rev.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,220, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,917, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,873, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.54%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12861 has a very sparse population density of 18.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.55%.