Senior Living in 12873 (Shushan, NY)
- 12873 scores the same as the Shushan, NY average of 72.
- 12873 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12873 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mcclellan Health System).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Washington Center , Equinox Village, and Danforth Adult Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Windy Hills Golf Course, Battenkill Country Club, and Gleneagles Golf Course at the Equinox.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, Carthusian Monastery, and St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,739, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,500, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,685, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12873 has a very sparse population density of 34.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.58%.