Senior Living in 12874 (Silver Bay, NY)
- 12874 scores the same as the Silver Bay, NY average of 72.
- 12874 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12874 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Moses-ludington Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Heritage Commons Residential Health Care).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (76% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Huletts Golf Club, Sagamore Resort & Golf Club, The, and Ticonderoga Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Adirondack Fish Tales Etc., Hidden Pond Campsite, and ROGERS ROCK CAMPGROUND.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Adirondack Missions and Adirondack Community Fellowship).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $101,960, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $94,464, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $54,804, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.19%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12874 has a very sparse population density of 6.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.63%.