Senior Living in 12884 (Victory Mills, NY)
- 12884 scores the same as the Victory Mills, NY average of 73.
- 12884 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12884 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saratoga Hospital and Four Winds Saratoga).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodlawn Commons, The Wesley Community, and Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Battenkill Country Club, Windy Hills Golf Course, and Saratoga Golf & Polo Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Saratoga National Historical Park and Saratoga RV Park).
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Quaker Springs United Meth Chr, Old Saratoga Reformed Church, and Centenary United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,071, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,083, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,785, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.77%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12884 has an average population density of 975.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 76.92%.