Senior Living in 12901 (Plattsburgh, NY)
- 12901 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Plattsburgh, NY.
- 12901 scores significantly lower than the Plattsburgh, NY average of 70.
- 12901 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12901 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadowbrook Healthcare, Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital S N F, and Samuel F. Vilas Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Barracks Golf Course, The, Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort, and Wilcox Cove Cottages & Golf.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Plattsburgh RV Park, Cumberland Bay State Park, and Crab Island.
- There are 2 churches nearby (First Assembly of God and Nine Platt Hospitality Group).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,219, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,686, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,199, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12901 has a sparse population density of 440.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.06%.