Senior Living in 12903 (Plattsburgh, NY)
- 12903 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the highest of any zip code in Plattsburgh, NY.
- 12903 scores significantly higher than the Plattsburgh, NY average of 70.
- 12903 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12903 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Clinton County Nursing Home, Evergreen Valley, and Victory Place.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Barracks Golf Course, The, Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort, and Wilcox Cove Cottages & Golf.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Crab Island, Cumberland Bay State Park, and Plattsburgh RV Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (First Assembly of God and Nine Platt Hospitality Group).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,212, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,891, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,658, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12903 has a dense population density of 2,105.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.43%.