Senior Living in 12912 (Au Sable Forks, NY)
- 12912 scores the same as the Au Sable Forks, NY average of 58.
- 12912 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12912 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Adirondack Manor HFA).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Ausable Valley Golf Course, Adirondack Golf & Country Club, and Loon Lake Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Taylor Pond Campground, Wilmington Recreation Park, and North Pole Campground.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Community Church of Peru and Adirondack Community Church).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,610, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,721, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,923, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.73%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12912 has a very sparse population density of 22.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.36%.