Senior Living in 12920 (Chateaugay, NY)
- 12920 scores the same as the Chateaugay, NY average of 52.
- 12920 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12920 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Alice Hyde Medical Center S N F, Valehaven HFA, and Franklin County Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 2 golf courses nearby (East Course at Malone Golf Club and Loon Lake Golf Course).
- There are 2 parks nearby (Ponderosa Campsite and Malone Memorial Recreation Park).
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,370, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,875, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,346, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.91%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12920 has a very sparse population density of 30.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.51%.