Senior Living in 12921 (Chazy, NY)
- 12921 scores the same as the Chazy, NY average of 67.
- 12921 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12921 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadowbrook Healthcare, New York State Teachers Retirement, and Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital S N F.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including North Country Golf Club, Alburg Country Club, and Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Monty\'s Bay Campsites, Twin Ells Campsites, and Flat Rock State Forest.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Champlain Isl United Methodist, Amadeus Church, and Union Bible Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,125, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,661, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,038, which is in the top 32% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.80%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12921 has a very sparse population density of 72.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.49%.