Senior Living in 12928 (Crown Point, NY)
- 12928 scores the same as the Crown Point, NY average of 61.
- 12928 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12928 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Moses-ludington Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Heritage Commons Residential Health Care).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Moriah Country Club, Ticonderoga Country Club, and Schroon Lake Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Stoney Lonesome Bed & Breakfast, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, and Putnam Pond Campground.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Adirondack Community Fellowship and Bridport Congregational Church).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,502, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,107, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,339, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.98%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12928 has a very sparse population density of 26.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.07%.