Senior Living in 12936 (Essex, NY)
- 12936 scores the same as the Essex, NY average of 77.
- 12936 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12936 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Elizabethtown Community Hospital and Elizabethtown Comm Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Champlain Valley Senior Community, Willsboro Senior Housing Corporation, and Wake Robin.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Kis-N-Greens Golf Course, Westport Country Club, The, and Willsboro Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Button Bay State Park, Magic Pines Family Camp Grounds, and Mt. Philo State Park.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Herr Ernest C, Assembly of God Christian Center, and Our Lady of Montana Carmel Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,671, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,729, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,863, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.73%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12936 has a very sparse population density of 19.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.64%.