Senior Living in 12944 (Keeseville, NY)
- 12944 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Keeseville, NY.
- 12944 scores lower than the Keeseville, NY average of 65.
- 12944 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12944 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Willsboro Senior Housing Corporation, Champlain Valley Senior Community, and Adirondack Manor HFA.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Willsboro Golf Club, Adirondack Golf & Country Club, and Ausable Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Ausable River Campsite, Magic Pines Family Camp Grounds, and Ausable Pines Campground & RV park.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Gillespie Stephen W, Herr Ernest C, and Community Church of Peru.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,818, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,727, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,746, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.54%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12944 has a very sparse population density of 45.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.64%.