Senior Living in 12953 (Malone, NY)
- 12953 scores the same as the Malone, NY average of 55.
- 12953 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12953 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Alice Hyde Medical Center and Alice Hyde Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Franklin County Nursing Home, Valehaven HFA, and Alice Hyde Medical Center S N F.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 5 golf courses nearby, including East Course at Malone Golf Club, Port Kent Golf Course, and Loon Lake Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Malone Memorial Recreation Park, Deer River State Forest, and Debar Mountain.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Adirondack Bapt Association of Church and AK Gas & Tobacco).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,842, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,665, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,625, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.27%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12953 has a very sparse population density of 75.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.06%.