Senior Living in 12956 (Mineville, NY)
- 12956 scores the same as the Mineville, NY average of 58.
- 12956 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12956 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Essex Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare and Valley View Apartments)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Moriah Country Club, Basin Harbor Club, and Kis-N-Greens Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (D.A.R. State Park and Button Bay State Park).
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Champlain Valley Christian, Vergennes Congregational Chr, and Victory Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,488, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,500, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,746, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.48%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12956 has a sparse population density of 139.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.18%.