Senior Living in 12962 (Morrisonville, NY)
- 12962 scores the same as the Morrisonville, NY average of 74.
- 12962 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12962 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Ctr).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including New York State Teachers Retirement, Meadowbrook Healthcare, and Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital S N F.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Bluff Point Golf Club & Resort, Barracks Golf Course, The, and Adirondack Golf & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Twin Ells Campsites, Plattsburgh RV Park, and Cumberland Bay State Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (First Assembly of God and Nine Platt Hospitality Group).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,552, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,419, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,602, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.15%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12962 has a sparse population density of 127.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.97%.