Senior Living in 12970 (Paul Smiths, NY)
- 12970 scores the same as the Paul Smiths, NY average of 53.
- 12970 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12970 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Adirondack Medical Center and Adirondack Medical Center).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Saranac Village at Will Rogers).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (10% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club, Loon Lake Golf Course, and Saranac Lake Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Saint Regis, Charlie\'s Inn Junction Campground, and Buck Pond State Park.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Adirondack Alliance Church and Adirondack Church of Nazarene).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,531, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,321, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $8,389, which is in the top 99% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.16%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12970 has a very sparse population density of 19.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.77%.