Senior Living in 12975 (Port Kent, NY)
- 12975 scores the same as the Port Kent, NY average of 80.
- 12975 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12975 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fletcher Allen Hospital Of Vermont).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Adirondack Manor HFA, Starr Farm Nursing Center, and Kindred Transitional Care and Rehab Birchwood Terrace.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Adirondack Golf & Country Club, Rocky Ridge Golf Club, and Burlington Country Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Ausable Pines Campground & RV park, Ausable River Campsite, and Champlain Boatworks.
- There are 47 churches nearby, including Gillespie Stephen W, Episcopal Diocese of Vermont, and Community Church of Peru.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $41,405, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,250, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,815, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.76%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12975 has a very sparse population density of 92.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.71%.