Senior Living in 12977 (Ray Brook, NY)
- 12977 scores the same as the Ray Brook, NY average of 61.
- 12977 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12977 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Adirondack Medical Center and Adirondack Medical Center).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Saranac Village at Will Rogers and Uihlein Living Center)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (4% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Saranac Lake Golf Club, Executive Course at Lake Placid Club Resort, and Whiteface Inn Resort & Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including High Peaks Cyclery, John Brown Farm State Historic Site, and John Brown Farm.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Adirondack Community Church, Adirondack Alliance Church, and Adirondack Church of Nazarene.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has a per capita income of $3,335, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12977 has a sparse population density of 196.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 62.33%.