Senior Living in 12983 (Saranac Lake, NY)
- 12983 scores the same as the Saranac Lake, NY average of 63.
- 12983 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12983 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Adirondack Medical Center and Adirondack Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Saranac Village at Will Rogers, Uihlein Living Center, and Mercy Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club, Saranac Lake Golf Club, and Executive Course at Lake Placid Club Resort.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including High Peaks, Camp Kidura, and Fish Creek Pond Campground.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Adirondack Alliance Church, Adirondack Church of Nazarene, and Adirondack Community Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.63% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,082, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,455, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,668, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.03%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12983 has a very sparse population density of 35.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.75%.