Senior Living in 12993 (Westport, NY)
- 12993 scores the same as the Westport, NY average of 67.
- 12993 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12993 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Elizabethtown Community Hospital and Elizabethtown Comm Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Essex Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Valley View Apartments, and Champlain Valley Senior Community.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Kis-N-Greens Golf Course, Westport Country Club, The, and Cobble Hill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Button Bay State Park, Magic Pines Family Camp Grounds, and D.A.R. State Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Assembly of God Christian Center, Vergennes Congregational Chr, and Victory Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,854, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,644, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,267, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.93%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12993 has a very sparse population density of 22.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.43%.