Senior Living in 12996 (Willsboro, NY)
- 12996 scores the same as the Willsboro, NY average of 69.
- 12996 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12996 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Champlain Valley Senior Community, Willsboro Senior Housing Corporation, and Wake Robin.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Willsboro Golf Club, Kis-N-Greens Golf Course, and Westport Country Club, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Magic Pines Family Camp Grounds, Ausable River Campsite, and Jay Mountain.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Herr Ernest C, Gillespie Stephen W, and Our Lady of Montana Carmel Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,101, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,889, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,592, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.93%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12996 has a very sparse population density of 41.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.25%.