Senior Living in 12997 (Wilmington, NY)
- 12997 scores the same as the Wilmington, NY average of 62.
- 12997 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12997 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Uihlein Living Center and Saranac Village at Will Rogers)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Ausable Valley Golf Course, Whiteface Inn Resort & Club, and Craig Wood Golf & Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including North Pole Campground, Wilmington Recreation Park, and Lake Placid / Whiteface Mtn. KOA.
- There is 1 church nearby (Adirondack Community Church)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,885, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,250, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,977, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.73%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 12997 has a very sparse population density of 19.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.09%.