Senior Living in 13021 (Auburn, NY)
- 13021 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the highest of any zip code in Auburn, NY.
- 13021 scores higher than the Auburn, NY average of 64.
- 13021 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13021 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Auburn Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Northbrook Heights , The Commons on St. Anthony, and Auburn Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Cranebrook Golf Course, Highland Park Golf Club, and Owasco Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Emerson Park)..
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Bendig Kathryn F, Holy Family, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,741, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,145, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,005, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.22%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13021 has a sparse population density of 328.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.50%.