Senior Living in 13033 (Cato, NY)
- 13033 scores the same as the Cato, NY average of 69.
- 13033 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13033 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadowbrook Manor, Golden Legacy Senior Living, and Syracuse Home Association.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Cato Golf Club, Ironwood Golf & Country Club, and Radisson Greens Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Beaver Lake Nature Center and Fair Haven Beach State Park).
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Red Creek United Methodist Chr, Our Lady of the Rosary, and Jordan United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,482, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,678, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,597, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.97%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13033 has a very sparse population density of 57.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.69%.