Senior Living in 13037 (Chittenango, NY)
- 13037 scores the same as the Chittenango, NY average of 69.
- 13037 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13037 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Chittenango Center For Rehab Health Care, The Crossings Nursing and Rehab Centre, and Brookdale Manlius.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Skyridge Golf Course, Woodcrest Golf Club, and Poolsbrook Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Green Lakes State Park, Chittenango Falls State Park, and Wild Birds Unlimited.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, First Presbyterian Church, and Chittenango United Methodist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,536, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,505, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,647, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13037 has a sparse population density of 217.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.61%.