Senior Living in 13042 (Cleveland, NY)
- 13042 scores the same as the Cleveland, NY average of 63.
- 13042 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13042 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Good Samaritan Society - Atwood, Sunnyside Care Center, and Rogers Senior Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including North Shore Golf Course, Mcconnellsville Golf Club, and McConnellsville Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Whispering Woods Campground, Landing Campground Inc, and Verona Beach State Park.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Wood Neil C, Peloubet Andrew D, and Gehl James E.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,011, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,762, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,821, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13042 has a very sparse population density of 70.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.73%.