Senior Living in 13053 (Dryden, NY)
- 13053 scores the same as the Dryden, NY average of 71.
- 13053 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 13053 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Cortland Regional Medical Center, Inc).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Walden Place, Groton Community Health Care Center R C F, and Crown Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Lakeview Golf Club, Elm Tree Golf Course, and Walden Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Robinson Hollow State Forest, Lime Hollow Center for Environment and Culture, and Country Hills Campground.
- There is 1 church nearby (Groton Assembly of God)..
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,816, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,326, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,506, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $92,280 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $107,982 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,916 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.43%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13053 has a sparse population density of 151.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.99%.