Senior Living in 13057 (East Syracuse, NY)
- 13057 scores the same as the East Syracuse, NY average of 83.
- 13057 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13057 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph\'s Hospital Health Center, Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr, and Crouse Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunnyside Care Center, The Crossings Nursing and Rehab Centre, and Menorah Park.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 209 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Wa-Noa Golf Club, Arrowhead Golf Course -Nine Hole, and Links at Erie Village, The.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Wild Birds Unlimited, Green Lakes State Park, and Burns Garfield Funeral Home Inc..
- There are 103 churches nearby, including Church of the Resurrection, Abundant Life Christian Ctr, and St Matthews Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,030, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,742, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,281, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13057 has an average population density of 538.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.03%.