Senior Living in 13071 (Genoa, NY)
- 13071 scores the same as the Genoa, NY average of 68.
- 13071 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13071 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including El Dorado Manor, Northwoods Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, and Groton Community Health Care Center R C F.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Fillmore Golf Club, Wells College Golf Course, and Stonehedges Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Fillmore Glen State Park, Long Point State Park, and Finger Lakes Region.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, Christ United Methodist Church, and Groton Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,251, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,125, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,482, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13071 has a very sparse population density of 41.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.73%.