Senior Living in 13078 (Jamesville, NY)
- 13078 scores the same as the Jamesville, NY average of 85.
- 13078 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13078 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Syracuse Va Medical Center, Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr, and University Hospital S U N Y Health Science Center.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Nottingham R H C F, Iroquois Nursing Home, and Brighton Towers Apartments.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 157 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Pompey Club, The, Country Club of Syracuse, and Butternut Creek Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including Clark Reservation State Park, Wild Birds Unlimited, and Burns Garfield Funeral Home Inc..
- There are 100 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church, Jamesville United Methodist Ch, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $114,650, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,113, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,921, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.61%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13078 has a sparse population density of 253.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.45%.