Senior Living in 13087 (Little York, NY)
- 13087 scores the same as the Little York, NY average of 74.
- 13087 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13087 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Greenbriar Home For Adults, Cortland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Cortland Regional Medical Center Nursing & Rehab Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (45% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Hill N Dale Golf Country Club, Vesper Hills Golf Club, and Cortland Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Cortland Country Music Park-Campground and Ripley Hill Nature Preserve).
- There are 2 churches nearby (Tully United Community Church and St Leos & St Patricks Church).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,939, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,236, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,898, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.06%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13087 has an average population density of 819.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.