Senior Living in 13092 (Locke, NY)
- 13092 scores the same as the Locke, NY average of 67.
- 13092 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13092 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Northwoods Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, Groton Community Health Care Center R C F, and El Dorado Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Fillmore Golf Club, Stonehedges Golf Club, and Elm Tree Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Fillmore Glen State Park, Empire Haven Nudist Park, and Lime Hollow Center for Environment and Culture.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Groton Assembly of God and Christ United Methodist Church).
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,506, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,821, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,781, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.23%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13092 has a very sparse population density of 53.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.37%.