Senior Living in 13113 (Meridian, NY)
- 13113 scores the same as the Meridian, NY average of 66.
- 13113 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13113 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Legacy Senior Living, Syracuse Home Association, and Mcharrie Towne.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Cato Golf Club, Ironwood Golf & Country Club, and Radisson Greens Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Beaver Lake Nature Center)..
- There are 2 churches nearby (St Patrick\'s Church and Jordan United Methodist Church).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,015, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,750, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,383, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.78%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13113 has an average population density of 553.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.93%.