Senior Living in 13114 (Mexico, NY)
- 13114 scores the same as the Mexico, NY average of 66.
- 13114 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13114 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Oswego Hospital and Albert Lindley Lee Mem Hosp).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including The Manor at Seneca Hill , Pontiac Nursing Home, and St Luke Health Services.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Pines Golf Club, The, Griffins\' Greens, and Oswego Country Club, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Salmon Country Inc., Bears Sleepy Hollow Campground, and Brennan Beach RV Resort.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including St Mary Star of the Sea Church, United Methodist Church-N Mxc, and New Haven United Methodist Ch.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,695, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,470, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,906, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.64%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13114 has a sparse population density of 101.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.91%.