Senior Living in 13117 (Montezuma, NY)
- 13117 scores the same as the Montezuma, NY average of 78.
- 13117 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13117 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Auburn Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Seneca Falls Community Residence, Cayuga County Nursing Home, and Finger Lakes Center For Living.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Seneca Falls Country Club, Indian Head Golf Course, and Meadowbrook Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge and Cayuga Lake State Park).
- There are 18 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church First, St Joseph\'s Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,564, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,389, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,232, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.13%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13117 has a sparse population density of 230.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.63%.