Senior Living in 13120 (Nedrow, NY)
- 13120 scores the same as the Nedrow, NY average of 83.
- 13120 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13120 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Community-general Hospital Of Greater Syracuse, Syracuse Va Medical Center, and Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Spaulding Pray Residence, Valley Vista Apartments, and Upstate University Hospital at Community General TCU.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Tanner Valley Golf, Orchard Vali Golf Club, and Orchard Valley Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Elmwood Park, Clark Reservation State Park, and Onondaga Park.
- There are 86 churches nearby, including South Onondaga United Meth Chr, St Michaels Roman Catholic Chr, and St George Macedonian Eastern.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,519, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,393, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,622, which is in the top 54% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13120 has a sparse population density of 136.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.03%.