Senior Living in 13122 (New Woodstock, NY)
- 13122 scores the same as the New Woodstock, NY average of 66.
- 13122 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13122 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Crouse Community Center, Brookdale Manlius, and Chittenango Center For Rehab Health Care.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Delphi Falls Golf Course, Cazenovia Country Club, and Cavalry Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lorenzo Historic Site, Morgan Hill State Forest, and Chittenango Falls State Park.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including United Church of De Ruyter, St James Roman Catholic Church, and Cazenovia Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.60% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.48% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,298, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,250, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,835, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.59%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13122 has a very sparse population density of 62.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.76%.