Senior Living in 13123 (North Bay, NY)
- 13123 scores the same as the North Bay, NY average of 66.
- 13123 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13123 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Good Samaritan Society - Atwood and Oneida Healthcare)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including McConnellsville Golf Club, Mcconnellsville Golf Club, and Brandy Brook Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Landing Campground Inc, Treasure Isle RV Park, and Verona Beach State Park.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Peloubet Andrew D, Gehl James E, and Donahue Kevin J.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $23,633, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $19,038, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,359, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13123 has a sparse population density of 132.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.16%.