Senior Living in 13131 (Parish, NY)
- 13131 scores the same as the Parish, NY average of 64.
- 13131 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13131 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Rogers Senior Apartments).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Pines Golf Club, The, Greenview Country Club -Greenvalley, and Riverside Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Bass Lake Resort, Fox Hollow Salmon River Lodge, and Up Country family campground.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Frances Xavier Cabrini Chr, Park United Methodist Church, and St Mary Star of the Sea Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,983, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,663, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,073, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.51%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13131 has a very sparse population density of 73.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.59%.