Senior Living in 13135 (Phoenix, NY)
- 13135 scores the same as the Phoenix, NY average of 74.
- 13135 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13135 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Albert Lindley Lee Mem Hosp).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadows at Radisson, Park Terrace at Radisson, and Michaud Residential Health Services.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Beaver Meadows Golf & Recreation, Caughdenoy Creek Country Club, and Radisson Greens Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Three Rivers State Game Management Area, Beaver Lake Nature Center, and Fort Brewerton State Park.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, St Stephen\'s Church, and First Congregational United.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,371, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,221, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,998, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 13135 has a sparse population density of 207.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.31%.