Senior Living in 13143 (Red Creek, NY)
- 13143 scores the same as the Red Creek, NY average of 57.
- 13143 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13143 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Meadowbrook Manor).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Port Bay Golf Club, Springbrook Greens Golf Course, and Cato Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lake Shore Marshes Wildlife Management Area, Fair Haven Beach State Park, and Holiday Harbor RV Park.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Red Creek United Methodist Chr, Faith United Methodist Church, and Lighthouse Community Fellowshp.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,871, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,362, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,427, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.43%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13143 has a very sparse population density of 66.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.58%.