Senior Living in 13152 (Skaneateles, NY)
- 13152 scores the same as the Skaneateles, NY average of 77.
- 13152 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13152 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Auburn Memorial Hospital and Community-general Hospital Of Greater Syracuse).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including The Athenaeum of Skaneateles, Faatz Crofut Home For The Elderly, and Northbrook Heights .
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Dutch Hollow Country Club, Midlakes Club, and Pearl Lakes Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lourdes Camp and Emerson Park).
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Costello Thomas J, St Mary\'s of the Lake, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $121,521, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,981, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,403, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13152 has a sparse population density of 122.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.19%.