Senior Living in 13153 (Skaneateles Falls, NY)
- 13153 scores the same as the Skaneateles Falls, NY average of 80.
- 13153 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13153 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Auburn Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including The Athenaeum of Skaneateles, Cayuga County Nursing Home, and Northbrook Heights .
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Meadowbrook Golf Club, Tuscarora Golf Club, and Links at Sunset Ridge.
- There is 1 park nearby (Emerson Park)..
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Gerald Bryant L, Holliman Nonnie L, and St Patrick\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,482, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,671, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,926, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13153 has a sparse population density of 446.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.62%.