Senior Living in 13156 (Sterling, NY)
- 13156 scores the same as the Sterling, NY average of 68.
- 13156 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 13156 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadowbrook Manor, Morningstar Residential Care Center, and The Manor at Seneca Hill .
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Springbrook Greens Golf Course, Port Bay Golf Club, and Cato Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Fair Haven Beach State Park, Holiday Harbor RV Park, and Lake Shore Marshes Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Our Lady of the Rosary, Red Creek United Methodist Chr, and Faith United Methodist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,798, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,191, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,874, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.17%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13156 has a very sparse population density of 66.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.73%.