Senior Living in 13159 (Tully, NY)
- 13159 scores the same as the Tully, NY average of 72.
- 13159 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 13159 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Community-general Hospital Of Greater Syracuse).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Spaulding Pray Residence, Iroquois Nursing Home, and Valley Vista Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Vesper Hills Golf Club, Hill N Dale Golf Country Club, and Orchard Vali Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Ripley Hill Nature Preserve, Morgan Hill State Forest, and Lourdes Camp.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Tully United Community Church, St Leos & St Patricks Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,981, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,103, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,029, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.22%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 13159 has a very sparse population density of 66.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.20%.